Sunday, August 17, 2014

ADVICE FOR YOUNG PARENTS

As I was having my hair cut by my step daughter this evening we were  chatting about decisions and the outcomes of them. She was expressing some regrets about how she has raised her son. And the fact there were no kids his age for him to play with in their neighborhood. So I elaborated on the fact that we as young parents do the best we can at our experience level. And it's an unfortunate circumstance that it's usually later on in life we see the flaws in our views. I see in all four of my kids and in my grand kids the influences of their up bringing. And I love them all for their amazing abilities in humor, strength, courage, restraint, and insecurities. I see them and wonder how these amazing people were able to come about from the little I knew when they were being raised.
So anytime a young parent questions their abilities they should be told to just do the best they can and live in faith. And give them the benefit of your experience if it can help them be more self assured. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment